Offering a safe, fun and supportive environment for children to learn and grow, the thousands of services that make up the early childhood education and care sector in Queensland deliver vital programs and services to their communities.
Read more about operating an early childhood service, including legislation, funding support and delivering an approved kindergarten programs (some links will take you to the Queensland Government or department websites):
- Legal requirements for education and care providers in Queensland - read about the legislation, if any, that applies to your service.
- National Quality Framework - includes information about approvals and certificates, operational requirements, the assessment and rating process, and resources (applies to kindergarten, long day care, outside school hours care, pre-Prep and family day care services).
- Education and Care Services Act 2013 - includes information about approvals, operational requirements, learning frameworks, building standards and physical environment, and resources. Check whether your service is regulated under the ECS Act.
- Published enforcement and compliance actions - list of enforcement actions taken against services which are not compliant with the National Quality Standard.
- Grant funding programs - read about funding to support the delivery of quality early childhood development programs, including kindergarten.
- QGrants - information about the grants management system.
- Kindergarten programs in Queensland - read about delivering a Queensland Government-approved kindergarten program, including enrolment, valuing diversity, embedding Indigenous perspectives and interpreting support.
- Early Years Services Funding - includes information on how to register for and receive grant funding via QGrants.
- Privacy Deed Poll - read about your obligations around collecting, using, handling, distributing and disclosing personal information.
Reports and best practice
Stay up to date
Need some help?
Quality in family day care
Watch our latest videos on quality in family day care services and discover the elements to consider when choosing a service.
^ Top of page
This page was last reviewed on 22 Dec 2016