Policies, procedures and records
Display of information
Under section 172 of the National Law and section 173 of the National Regulations, services must display:
- their provider and service approvals
- contact details for the regulatory authority
- their rating information:
- Services that have not been assessed and rated against the National Quality Standard (NQS) must display:
- a notice that states 'Provisional - Not Yet Assessed under the National Quality Framework', until the service receives its first NQF rating. Download a template 51K you can use.
- the service's National Child Care Accreditation Council (NCAC) accreditation if the service was accredited by NCAC before the introduction of the NQF on 1 January 2012.
- Services that have been assessed and rated against the NQS must display their notice of rating.
- the name of their educational leader
- the name and telephone number of the person to whom complaints may be addressed
- the name and position of the responsible person in charge of the service at any given time
- the name of their nominated supervisor
- their hours and days of operation
- if applicable, a notice stating that an enrolled child has been diagnosed as at risk of anaphylaxis
- if applicable, a notice of an occurrence of an infectious disease
- an emergency and evacuation floor plan and instructions
- information about the educational program
- a weekly menu - if food and beverages other than water are provided.
Policies and procedures
The National Regulations require services to prepare and maintain a range of policies and procedures.
Policies. Procedures and records regulations by service type:
National Regulations that apply
Long day care
Kindergarten and pre-Prep
Family day care
Outside school hours care
Need more information?
^ Top of page
This page was last reviewed on 09 Apr 2015